- Born: 28 Oct 1852, Essex Co. Ontario
- Christened: 29 Oct 1852, St John the Baptist, Amherstburg
- Marriage: Adele LANGLOIS on 4 Apr 1882 in St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont.
- Died: 11 Apr 1931, Windsor, Ontario at age 78
- Buried: 14 Apr 1931, St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont.
The baptismal record B.#92 records the name as Pierre Adam Gignac with Pierre Gignac and Odille Charret as parents. Sponsors are Michel Charret and Florence Benetieau.
Tombstone spells name as "Elie
Death notices in the newpapers indicate age as 74 which would put his dte of birth as 1856 or 1857, not 1852 as has been indicated in the census and Essex county centennial atlas.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth: Tombstone: 1852.
• Alt. Birth: Census record: 28 Oct 1853.
Eli married Adele LANGLOIS, daughter of Pierre LANGLOIS and Zoé PAJOT, on 4 Apr 1882 in St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont. (Adele LANGLOIS was born on 27 Oct 1853 in Windsor, Ontario, died on 26 Feb 1933 in Windsor, Ontario and was buried on 26 Feb 1933 in St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont..)