Louis Eli GIGNAC
- Born: 6 Jul 1884, Windsor, Ontario
- Christened: 6 Jul 1884, St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont.
- Marriage: Augusta STRUNK on 5 Sep 1908 in Detroit, MI
- Died: 23 Aug 1959, Detroit, MI at age 75
- Buried: 26 Aug 1959, Forest Lawn Cemetery, Detroit, MI
Crossed the Detroit river to enter the United States as a young man. Was a die maker at Chevrolet Gear and Axle plant in Detroit.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation. He worked for General Motors as a tool and die make in Detroit. He came from Canada by walking over the frozen Detroit River in the winter after a tiff with his father.
• Baptism, 6 Jul 1884, St. Alphonsus, Windsor Ont. Baptismal name: Joseph Louis; parents were Eli Gignac and Adele Langlois
Sponsors were: Peter Langlois and Adele Charltte, minister JT Loagner
• Immigration: From Canada, 1908, Detroit, MI. Per 1930 census report - year of immigration
Louis married Augusta STRUNK, daughter of William STRUNK and Wilhelmina MALINOWSKY, on 5 Sep 1908 in Detroit, MI. (Augusta STRUNK was born on 11 Nov 1885 in Germany, died on 27 Jun 1964 in Wayne, MI and was buried on 30 Jun 1964 in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Detroit, MI.)